Be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirt.
September 15, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
RE: Rescheduled Confirmation Dates
I am delighted to announce that we have been given the greenlight to resume preparations for the Sacrament of Confirmation. Every reasonable precaution has been and will continue to be taken by Immaculate Conception Parish to protect the health and safety of our community. After careful planning that keeps the safety of all in mind, we have rescheduled this year’s Confirmation celebrations as follows:
Confirmation Dates 2020
St. Gabriel the Archangel School
Thursday November 12, 2020 @ 7:00 pm: Last name A-M Friday November 13, 2020 @ 7:00 pm: Last name N-Z
Immaculate Conception School
Wednesday November 18, 2020 @ 7:00 pm: Last name A-Lob Thursday November 19, 2020 @ 7:00 pm: Last name Loc-Z
St. Catherine School
Friday November 20, 2020 @ 7:00 pm
St. John Bosco School
Wednesday November 25, 2020 @ 7:00 pm: Last name A-K Thursday November 26, 2020 @ 7:00 pm: Last name L-Z
Friday November 27, 2020 @ 7:00 pm
In light of the stringent public health measures being undertaken to curb the spread of COVID-19, please take note of the following regulations:
- Our celebrations will be divided by schools with a limited number of approximately TWENTY-FIVE (25)candidates per ceremony, CHOSEN IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER.
- Due to capacity limitations, we will only be able to guarantee FIVE (5) people per family INCLUDING the candidate & sponsor. This will allow for strict physical distancing in the church which we must adhere to for safety. For contact tracing purposes, we require the names of the individuals who will be attending the ceremony in advance. Admission to the church will be allowed only to those individuals whose name is on the list. Please kindly complete the attached registration form.
- Pews will be reserved for each candidate and their guests. Please follow the direction of the staff and volunteers.
- The celebrations will be very simple. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will not be able to have an offertory procession or any additional activity that would require the students to leave their pew during Mass. At the conclusion of the ceremony, you are asked to exit the church without spending time socializing with others.
- There will NOT be a Confirmation rehearsal.
- Masks or face coverings are mandatory in the church at all times (both candidates, sponsors and familymembers are to wear a mask).
- Please maintain physical distancing at all times while in the church, lobby and parking lot.
- There will be no group photos at this time. There will be one official photographer.
- The Confirmation Activity booklets do not need to be returned and can be kept as a memento.
- Candidates will not be wearing Confirmation gowns. A commemorative stole will be given to each candidate.The candidate is to wear the stole during the ceremony, and they may be kept as a memento.
- We understand that some families may not be ready to participate in large gatherings at this time. You arewelcome to wait if this is the case for your family, and you are asked to please contact the pastor.
- If you are unable to make the dates listed above, please contact the pastor.
In order for your child to receive Confirmation, they must have been registered for the celebrations which were originally scheduled to take place at Immaculate Conception Parish in spring 2020 and they must have completed the relevant preparations. Please kindly complete the attached registration form and return it by email to the parish office by October 16, 2020 at email@example.com
We appreciate your understanding with the restrictions imposed on us by the pandemic, and we are working hard to ensure that the children’s Confirmation will still be a memorable and meaningful event.
If you have any questions and concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the pastor. Sincerely yours in Christ,
Fr Eugene Chianain, C.F.I.C. Pastor