September 26, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
RE: Rescheduled First Reconciliation Dates I hope you and your families are well.
Thank you for responding to our email regarding the rescheduled First Holy Communion dates. We have rescheduled the First Reconciliation as per the following schedule. All ceremonies will take place at Immaculate Conception Parish.
First Reconciliation Dates 2020
- St. Gabriel the Archangel School: Wednesday October 14, 2020 @ 7:45pm
- St. Catherine of Siena School & Other Schools: Thursday October 15, 2020 @ 7:45pm St. John Bosco School: Thursday October 22, 2020 @ 7:45pm
- Immaculate Conception School: Thursday October 29, 2020 @ 7:45pm
Considering the stringent public health measures being undertaken to curb the spread of COVID-19, please take note of the following regulations:
- Due to capacity limitations, ONLY the candidate and parents will be allowed to attend. No other family members are allowed. Please make alternate arrangements for siblings.
- Masks are mandatory in the church at all times (both candidate and parents).
- Once the candidate has made their confession, please exit the church without spending time socializing with
- Please maintain physical distancing at all times while in the church, lobby and parking lot.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling ill, are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in
contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- If you are unable to make the dates listed above, please contact the pastor as soon as possible.
To assist your child in preparing for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, we encourage you to review the steps on how to go to confession and the Act of Contrition with your child.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the pastor. Sincerely yours in Christ,
Fr Eugene Chianain, C.F.I.C. Pastor
How to go to Confession
- Think about your sins and perform the examination of conscience. (Sample found below).
- Make the Sign of the Cross as you approach the priest.
- Say: “Bless me, Father, for I have sinned, this is my first confession. These are my sins.”
- Tell your sins to the priest and be sorry for them.
- Listen to the advice and penance given to you by the priest.
- The priest will give you absolution and you will make the Sign of the Cross and respond “Amen.”
- Pray the penance given by the priest.
Act of Contrition
My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart.
In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good,
I have sinned against you who I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin.
Our Saviour Jesus Christ suffered and died for us.
In His name, my God, have mercy. Amen.
Examination of Conscience
- Did I pray to God every day?
- Did I pay attention during Holy Mass?
- Did I disobey my parents or teachers?
- Did I talk back to my parents or teachers?
- Did I lie to others?
- Did I fight with my siblings or friends?
- Did I share with others?
- Did I use bad language?
- Did I do my homework and chores?
- Did I forgot to thank God or my parents for the many things they have given me?
- Did I steal or take something that does not belong to me?
- Did I show respect for other people or their property?
- Did I forgive others?
- Did I ask for forgiveness if I have hurt others?